Events are listed chronologically. You may need to scroll to get your chosen event.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES FOR LIVE PERFORMANCES AND EVENTS:
The Lionheart Theatre Company is taking the COVID-19 pandemic seriously. During this time, we are taking numerous safety precautions to protect the health of our patrons, performers, staff and volunteers. Below is the current safety protocol for Lionheart.
- Audience size is capped at 25, based on CDC recommendations.
- Assigned seating is required and is dictated based on social distancing measures.
- Masks are required to be worn to enter the theatre and any other event spaces.
- Temperature checks are required for all patrons, actors, crew, staff and volunteers upon arrival to each performance or event.
- Strict cleaning and sanitation measures are completed inside the theatre, house and other public spaces before each performance and/or event.
- Hand sanitizer is available for all who enter the theatre and/or event spaces.
- Actors are required to wear masks at all times except when performing onstage. All other crew, volunteers, and staff are required to wear masks at all times.
- Smaller casts and crew for performances – actors and crew are also kept distanced, even during performances.
Message to Our Patrons:
Due to increasing production costs and royalties, starting with our 2020 Production of “The Man Who Came to Dinner,” we are slightly increasing our ticket prices. The new pricing structure is:
Lionheart Theatre Ticket Prices:
$18.00 for adults
$16.00 for Seniors (55+)/Students/Military ID
$40 for Champagne Brunch/Show
We also offer a special group rate of $12 per ticket for a group of 10 or more people attending the same performance of a main stage Lionheart Theatre Show. (Group tickets must be booked at the same time and booked as adult admissions to get the discount.)
Please choose your performance date and time carefully, there are no refunds or exchanges. Please contact the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Purchase a Flex Pass
One pass = 10 tickets to any Lionheart Theatre mainstage show!
Use them any way you like. Split them up or bring a big group!
January 8-17, 2021
by Lyle Kessler
Directed by Christine Trent
A dark, moving story about two lost and forgotten brothers who find redemption through a mysterious stranger, their kidnapped victim.
Contains adult language
Cast: Jackson C. Trent, Jackson Trent & Bridger Trent
*Note: Due to social distancing and the need for performer and patron safety, ticket sales for each performance are capped at 25. Masks are required to enter the theatre. Please see above for the rest of Lionheart’s COVID-19 safety protocols.
The Lower Room
March 25 to April 3, 2021
by Pat Wooley
Directed by Tanya Caldwell
This is a fascinating play that retells the story of Jesus’ passion through the eyes of those who were the last of the followers at the cross, and the first at the tomb: women. This play is invaluable for several reasons, the least of which not being that it (some may say at last) brings new light to the women in the Bible. It answers: What were women doing, feeling, thinking while the men were gathered with Jesus in the Upper Room? Who knows perhaps they were gathered in the Lower Room.
May 7-23, 2021
by David Bottrell & Jessie Jones
Directed by Marla Krohn
In the Baptist backwoods of the Bible Belt, the beleaguered Turpin family proves that living and dying in the South are seldom tidy and always hilarious. Despite their earnest efforts to pull themselves together for their father’s funeral, the Turpins’ other problems keep overshadowing the solemn occasion Amidst the chaos, the Turpins turn for comfort to their friends and neighbors, an eccentric community of misfits who just manage to pull together and help each other through their hours of need, and finally, the funeral.
Getting to Lionheart:
Due to construction of a new library in Downtown Norcross, the road that runs next to the theatre coming in from Buford Highway, Britt Avenue, will be closed for the next several months. Please keep this in mind when traveling to the theatre.